Every patient is different, and because of that, each foot problem is unique. With more than 40 years of experience, Dr. Geldwert knows that the most effective healing begins with an in-depth evaluation of a patient’s medical history and lifestyle. This allows him to design treatment programs that earned him a reputation for exceptional results.
WHY DR. GELDWERT?
- Dr. Geldwert never rushes a patient consultation. All your questions will be answered, and you will leave confident that you will get the best, most up to date treatment.
- Dr. Geldwert does not use a one-size-fits-all approach to correcting bunions. The specific type of bunion procedure depends on several factors, including the severity and mobility of the joint.
- Dr. Geldwert performs innovative arthroscopic and minimal incision techniques when appropriate which reduces the possibility of complications, postoperative pain, and recovery time and gets you back on your feet sooner.
- Dr. Geldwert has the experience to make bunion surgery easier and less painful for the bunion sufferer.
ABOUT DR. GELDWERT
- Over 40 years of foot surgery experience with thousands performed throughout his career
- Board-Certified in Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Fellow American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Fellow American Society of Podiatric Surgeons
- Senior Clinical Instructor, Orthopedic Department Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Inventor of surgical device “Hyperflex Bunion Correction Device” (a non-bone breaking surgical solution to bunion correction)
- Co-Medical Director, NYC Triathlon
- Podiatric consultant to professional soccer, basketball, and lacrosse teams, and professional tennis tournaments
Hours of Operation
Monday: 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Wednesday: 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Thursday: 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
WHAT TO EXPECT
Dr. Geldwert takes the time to put his knowledge to work for you. Not all foot surgeons understand the importance of healthy feet. Dr. Geldwert, on the other hand, takes your feet very seriously and you can be sure that your feet come first.
Dr. Geldwert’s expertise lays in using an innovative procedure to correct bunions. Not all bunions are fixed the same way. Every patient deserves individual attention and care. The type of bunion procedure depends on several factors including the severity of the bunion and mobility of the joint. He does not use a one-size-fits-all approach to correcting bunions.
Minimally invasive surgery is done through tiny cuts that avoid the major arteries, blood vessels, and nerves in the foot greatly reducing the risk of injury to those structures and the risk of infection. He has the experience to make bunion surgery easier and less painful for the patient.
More importantly, his goal is to get you back on your feet in 48 hours. In most cases, recovery is painless and before long you will be stepping out in your favorite fashionable shoes again.
Dr. Geldwert is also the inventor of a surgical device for correcting bunions without the need to break a bone. This device is awaiting FDA approval.